Sunday 24 March 2013

Snug in a Log Cabin While The Snow Falls


Brrr it's snowy and biting cold this weekend. Apart from very brief scurries out to feed the poor ponies and walk the dog I've decided hibernation is the only sensible response.

Last week I had the most fab of days at my termly Retreat with all my MakeClub and PlainStitch friends. It's always wonderful, but each time we are amazed again by what a lovely chilled out BUT productive day we manage!


 I started on this fun log cabin quilt. Its all of my favourite things. A favourite stitchy pins background, then a riot of colour, all from stash. I love making a quilt all from stash, yeah, free quilt!


The 'logs' are quite small so its a whole lot of log cabining, round and round and round again. I'm having a bit of a log cabin frenzy at the moment. I'm planning a class for the autumn to let you all in on the fun. This is such a traditional block, but endlessly versatile and easy and quick to come together, it's definitely one block to have in your repertoire!

I have scribbled down about 10 different types of log cabin quilt I want to make to show you, but we'll see how far I get! I have a LOT on my sewing things to do list at the moment - more fun classes coming in the pipeline, some great 'dip your toe in' type classes in an exciting new local venue, but will tell you more about that in a week or two when I have lots of pics to share! ( so exciting!)