Friday 1 March 2013

Farmers Wife Quilt In Progress - Grey March Clouds with Silver Linings



It feels like winter has lasted forever this year, wet and grey. I have been hand quilting my Farmers Wife Quilt since just before my ankle operation in Dec and I was determined to have it finished through the winter while I recuperated. My small cross stitch obsession kind of cut into my hand quilting time a bit and I've been feeling behind with it! I hate that feeling.

This week I've upped the quilting pace and pushed on, I was thinking that March would arrive today with a burst of spring and new projects and I 'd want to move on, but looking out of the window this morning on March 1st it seems like I've been granted a small reprieve. ( I took these shots yesterday evening in some welcome spring sunshine!)

Rather than look out on the dismal day with dismay I'm determined to use this non-day to my advantage and get this quilt finished - I can't wait to get to binding it! When the sun finally makes its way out again and I've finished quilting I'll show you a full picture of this quilt. It's hand pieced and hand quilted and its been a real labour of love, my latest favourite quilt!

Linking up to Lyns Small Blog Meet