Thursday 18 April 2013

Drinking Tea and Sewing Mug Rugs......

It's a busy back-to-school week this week, it always takes a while to re-acclimatise, even though it's only been two weeks off!

Despite the fact that I have a huge amount of sewing to do I have spent most of my precious free 2 hour mornings when all of my Smalls are in school drinking tea and catching up with friends, naughty mummy! I have however managed to squeeze in some time to start making the mug rug* samples for the Fabric HQ class! Here is the first one off of the production line, swiftly appropriated by my kids for their pink milk needs! I am a little bit addicted to these, I daren't confess how many little piles of fabric are cut and awaiting construction! I think no mug will be un-rugged in my house ever again! he he x

These are a great first project to start getting acquainted with how to make patchwork. The aim of the class is to give you a 'taster' if you just want to dip your toe in and see if it's for you, or if you just feel that your poor hardworking mug of tea deserves a special place to rest! The first class to make these is on the 22nd of May so sign up soon if you're interested.

* What is a mug rug? Several people have asked. I think its perhaps an American name for what we Brits might traditionally have called a, well,  fabric coaster, but isn't Mug Rug a better name once you know it?! Every mug should have a rug! They are surprisingly useful. I guarantee once you've had one, you won't be without one! Btw - also great for kids as no hard coaster edge to inevitably tip the cup off of  (We've all watched that happen with our kids in slow mo? no?!) x