Thursday 26 September 2013

De-Stash!

I've been seized by an overwhelming urge to simplify this week. Look at my lovely tidy shelves! I've had a MAJOR de-stash. Literally my whole dining room has been COVERED in fabric for three days. I have sorted through my stash with a merciless eye. Every colour family has been ruthlessly decreased. Lots of old favourites have gone (small sob) but I've decided its time to make way for new inspiration.

Now its all bundled up and ready to go to new homes. A big old basket of these lovely colour bombs will be available at the Sewing Bee next week or at my PlainStitch classes, priced between £10 and £15 for around 20 different fabrics.


I'm hoping that they make an easy affordable way to instantly build your stash when you are just starting out - or my personal favourite is always a scrappy rainbow quilt like this or this and a few of these bags mixed in with a plain or polkadot would be a ready made quilt, no?


I can't wait to see what they become in the hands of my fab students and Bee-ers!

** Linking up to Molly Flanders' Blog where you can see everyone's favourite quilts **