Sunday 12 January 2014

In with the New!

January is a super exciting month for me as it signals the start of a new year of classes and it means that I get to teach classes for the first time that I have been developing for sometimes up to a year.

I had the plan for my Log Cabin Workshop back in the spring last year. I started making example quilts then, had a complete Log Cabin Immersion for a month or two over the summer and have been slowly quilting my way through the samples over the winter.

This quilt was a real favourite to piece, and I had some help with the quilting ( It was one of my sample quilts that went to the long arm quilters!) and so it was even less of a chore to finish it off with a lovely sophisticated grey binding this weekend. Doesn't it make you feel springy and hopeful? Just one more log cabin quilt to be bound and I'm ready to loose myself in log cabin world again in 2 weeks time for the start of my class.

**edit ** This class is full up for Jan/Feb/Mar but I will be running it again in May/June/July. Do let me know early if you'd like to join us as its getting busy already***