Friday 7 February 2014

Sewing For Boys

I'm lucky enough to have daughters and a son and as the start of the weeks blog post was very girl heavy I thought i'd better balance things out with a quick boy themed post!

Its been a super busy week here at PlainStitch with so many exciting things bubbling away under the surface, new classes being planned and samples made for the autumn, lots of exciting classes underway at the moment getting students comfortable with sewing machines, making lampshades and exploring creativity with log cabins!

Every now and then I get a quiet moment to sew something completely indulgent. Tomorrow I get a whole day of indulgent sewing at our termly PlainStitch Retreat Day. Its a joyous submersion in sewing! A whole free day, no dinners to cook, no chores to distract, just lovely company and lots and lots of sewing.

I have picked up some fab cartoon fabric directly inspired by the fab cartoons that my little chap likes to fill pages and pages of note books with. I plan to make him a pillowcase so he's not left out of the pillow bounty that my girls are currently enjoying as they gradually snaffle all of the sample pillows I made for the Mums&Daughters Sewing Class in April!

I do hope you get to do some quiet sewing this weekend too!