Thursday 13 March 2014

Wonky Patchwork Pin Cushions


This week the Workroom has been a hive of activity! Our freshly 'first coated' front door has been welcoming so many lovely visitors.

We've had lots of new classes kicking off this week. I do so love the start of  Simple Sampler - the anticipation of soon-to-be-quilters getting excited about their first quilt.

We've done lots of fabric choosing - our favouite thing! We've suffered a lot of 'bundle-wanties' as gorgeous combinations get picked out and wrapped up and spirited away for someone to get started on new exciting quilt combination.


We've had lots of lovely visitors, bearing flowers ( aren't we lucky?), and wishing us well. We do feel very lucky to be at the heart of such a wonderful group of people. Thank you.


My sewing time has been squeezed out by my second most favourite job, cutting and arranging fabric bundles! But I did make time to turn this little wonky log cabin demonstration block, that I whipped up in my Log Cabin Class last week, into a pin cushion. I'm collecting them at the Workroom. They are very moorish! Come and choose your favourite to use when you sew with us!


I did find time to start cutting into this lovely bundle which I have special plans for which I'll share when I get started on actually sewing it!

Come by the Workroom this Saturday and say hi, we'll be open from 9.30am- 3pm, maybe making pin cushions!