Monday 28 April 2014

In Praise of English Paper Piecing



I'm totally immersed in EPP at the moment preparing for a class at the end of May that is devoted to it.

It's the first time I've taught a dedicated EPP workshop and its been  creative dynamite for me! I've always loved EPP. I love its versatility - you get to work with such interesting shapes, and I always loved just how portable and convenient it is - I basically always spend all summer raving about it on cricket outfields and in deckchairs by the sea!





Preparing for this workshop - which is all about really exploring a technique - has blown the doors off the possibilities of this technique for me. I've been spending way too much time looking at Islamic Tile Patterns and Spanish Moorish designs online. I'm even surfing maths sites looking at tessellation! It's official - i'm an EPP Geek. The class starts on Tuesday the 20th May.