Friday 26 September 2014

A life choc full of sewing!


I've been a bit absent from the blog for a week or so as we've just had the most fabulous whirl of new classes and exciting events coming tumbling after each other for a few weeks. I can't even count up how many new faces and lovely returning faces I've seen smiling back at me, and how many truly gorgeous fabric choices I have witnessed going skipping out of The Workroom in our brown paper bags -oh the anticipation of a new sewing project!


The weather has turned just a little bit more autumnal ( although still gloriously settled- it's been a fantastic Sept here) and my autumn sewing sewjo ( mojo?) is back with a vengeance. It's no surprise as we have taken delivery of so many lovely new fabrics and I have been trying so hard to resist their siren call but it was no good when we unwrapped the new Denyse Schmidt fabrics this week. A lovely pile of fabrics are now awaiting me on my desk waiting for a quiet moment!

Over the last few weeks we have have kicked off new classes with over 50 eager people, all keen to start sewing, looking forward to a new project for the winter. From hand sewn patchwork to machine embroidery, cushion making and purses and bags. Tomorrow we welcome a full house little sewing people to the workroom to start their sewing journey with Miss Stitch - so exciting!

We rounded out the week today with a lovely open house charity coffee morning at The Workroom for Macmillan Worlds Greatest Coffee Morning. A huge thankyou to all the lovely people - existing customers and new visitors - who dropped in and enjoyed a cuppa and some lovely cake. A second big thank you to those who kindly baked for us - so delicious! We raised almost £150 in two hours so thank you all for your generosity and support for this worthy cause.




At last this week I have an evening of appliqué planned in front of the TV catching up on Bake Off etc so I will sign out with a little picture montage of the week! So much sewing crammed into a week! Enjoy x