Thursday 19 March 2015

Julia's Notion of the Month: Mary Ellen's Best Press

My Notion of the Month is most definitely.....



Mary Ellen's Best Press " the clear starch alternative" in Linen Fresh scent at £5 a bottle from Debs @ The PlainStitch Workroom

I LOVE this spray it really makes a difference and if you are a quilter I think you'll love it too. Just shake the bottle, spray onto your fabric and press.

**Deb says: If you are sewing small patchwork pieces, or any sewing that includes triangles, like flying geese, half square triangles etc you will LOVE this - it dramatically improves your accuracy as the fabric is held very stable - it's my favourite secret patchwork accuracy weapon!**

It makes the fabric crisp, so it's much easier to rotary cut. It's great for fabric cut on the bias, stops it from stretching out of shape when sewing. It's great if you want to get your seams crisp but not stiff.

It's not like starch as it doesn't flake or leave a nasty residue. It really makes a difference, I like the Linen Fresh smell too :) I've had it ages and  I'm down to my last few sprays! Time for another bottle....