Monday 15 June 2015

Julia's Notion of the Month: Why we all Love Aurifloss!

I just love using Aurifil 50wt thread for piecing patchwork and sewing on binding and Aurifil 40wt for machine quilting as Debs stocks a beautiful range of colours. 

But this month the Notion Award goes to Aurifloss the gorgeous cotton embroidery thread which comes on a handy wooden spoil in a beautiful array of colours - I first used it in Victoria's beautiful needlebook class and have just started a little Aneela Hoey *washing line*
project using it at home - and I'm loving this floss !



 There are lots of new embroidery classes at the moment at PlainStitch. The Embroidered Needlebooks class that I loved so much in April is back on Fri 26th June with 2 spaces free.



 The range of Aurifloss is growing all the time. Too tempting!




I couldn't resist the beautifully made solid embroidery hoop in Beechwood by Hardwicke Manor from PlainStitch and a pair of the most lovely solid and sharp scissors I've ever used- made by Bohin - they are perfect. I've bought many different brands of needle over the years but these Bohin embroidery needles are the best I've used they really make stitching embroidery a joy.


Dab and I are also taking Victoria's 'You Are My Sunshine' Embroidery Class and we love it!
 

I'm so glad Debs is fussy about selling only quality notions :) Ohh look at the lovely Perle cottons range in stock now too if you want to get in on the summer hand stitching trend while you quilt!